Saturday, April 12, 2008

Wishing I was there now!



I can't wait for our first trip back to the Cape this year. We did not get to go last year since Warren was just an infant. Well, we plan for him to get his sea legs this year. Today it was so warm, I just wanted to hitch up the boat, jump in the truck and head for the boat ramp. Of course you have to first stop at Food Lion for some fried chicken. What would an afternoon trip to the Cape be without fried chicken.
I just imaging being there now. Warm sand under my feet and a cool breeze blowing by (well unless it is the end of July or August, then it is hot sand under your feet and a stifling hot breeze blowing by). I'll take either just to be there. Just being out on the boat seems to resolve all cares and worries at least for a short while. It won't be long and we will set sail.
I can't wait to see what Warren thinks of the boat ride and beach trip. I am sure he will love it as much as his big brother does. Wyatt just can't wait to try out his new fishing rod that the Easter Bunny gave him.

Just wanted to share this beautiful picture of the Cape that we took about 3 years ago.

No comments:

Voting