Thursday, June 26, 2008

Wyatt is now Famous


Much to our surprise last Friday evening we received several phone calls telling us Wyatt had made it in the Cartert County News-Times. His Daddy rushed out the door to the store for one of these papers, but when he returned he had not one paper, but four. Sure enough there was our Wyatt all smiles and being honored for reading so many books in the Accelerated Reader program at his school. We are so proud of Wyatt.

When we told Wyatt that he was in the paper and he is now famous he asked, "Does that mean I get a limousine now." Then at church on Sunday the preacher congratulated him on his achievement in front of the congregation and Wyatt said, "Oh, it was nothing." Such a modest child (Ha)!

2 comments:

Danielle Bridgers Banks said...

I'm so proud of that smart little booger. I love that picture. It is just like him. I told him I needed his autograph because he was now famous and he said, "Yeah, I know!"

Good job Wyatt! Keep up the great work in 1st grade.

Anonymous said...

Great job, Wyatt. You read more books than I do and I read a lot!

Voting